Friday Favorites: February 13-17
Good things are happening in the business blogosphere, and we want to share them with you! Below are five standout posts we’ve noticed this week, and we believe they can help you and your small business. Perfect light reading for the weekend!
- “The Power of the One-Page Strategy” by Michele Welsh of Young Entrepreneur
Somewhere between the formal business plan and the cocktail napkin to-do list is the one-page strategy, an excellent way to make sure your business is headed in the right direction. (Spoiler alert: Without a plan, your business is going in no direction.)
- “Free Online Tax Resources for Small Business Owners & The Self-Employed” by Adam Gottlieb of The Frugal Entrepreneur
Just like the title indicates, Mr. Gottlieb has brought together an excellent list of helpful links, including IRS-provided assistance, tax-preparation tools, and other resources. Bookmark it, and be happy.
- “How Gordon Ramsay Can Increase Your “Expert” Value by 23,900%” by Amy Harrison, guest blogger on ProBlogger.com
Ms. Harrison breaks down the five stages of blogging into restaurant terms, from generalist/fry cook to expert authority/food critic, explaining how to push your blog to the next level! You’ll be red-faced and screaming at people in no time.
- “How to Get the Sales You Want” by Diane Helbig of Small Business Trends
In this article, Ms. Helbig shows us by example how not to run a business, then explains where your business’s focus should be: your customers. Ask not what your customers can do for you; ask what your business can do for them.
- “Pitching In The Big Leagues: Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch” by Matthew Toren of Young Entrepreneur
You might not be literally pitching your business to a potential investor in an elevator, but pretend you are—you should be able to explain your business concisely and succinctly in about as long as an elevator ride might take. Baseball fans will appreciate the metaphors; everyone will appreciate the sound business advice.
Have a great weekend!
Leave a Reply